On 10/5/05, Robert Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10/4/05, Phill Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Does anyone have advice on a good Xbox Linux distro for a Myth frontend
> > > system?
> >
> > http://bit.blkbk.com/
> >
> > Also heaps in the archives on this, some from just the last few days.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Phill
> >

> I'm using xebian with great success. I have installed it within the xbox
> filesystem, so I can launch it from my dashboard and still have the ability
> to play games and do all the other stuff on the xbox. I have also been able
> to copy the whole E:/xebian directory from one box to another and have it
> all work. I think making a distribution of this directory would be helpfull
> for others, since it is a complete bootable distro with MythTV already
> configured. There are only a few things that one would need to change... IP
> address and hosts file (right now my hosts file has an entry for 'mythtv'
> which point to my backend). If anyone thinks this sounds like a good idea,
> please let me know. I could start by making a torrent and perhaps ask xbins
> if they will host the torrent file.
>
> --
> Rob Anderson
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Rob,
I think that this is a fantastic idea!
All we'd really need (at least, to begin with) is a torrent containing
a tarball of your E:\xebian directory and a very short readme file.
The readme could simply contain a list of files that need
modification.
I'm hoping to build my first xbox frontend soon (I'm just waiting on a
usb adapter cable to arrive). I would be happy to help you flesh out
the readme, or even better still I could make a start on some scripts
to automate the process.
cheers!
--Frank