I have managed to get mythtv to change the channel via a serial cable hooked up to the cable box, in my case a Motorola DCT2000. It runs the changechannel.py script supplied with mythtv. But here is the rub: the channels change super slow- like 8 seconds slow. It works, but is unacceptably slow.

I believe my serial ports are configures correctly comparing the output of

dmesg | grep ttyS

and setserial -g /dev/ttyS1

These settings agree with the settings in the bios. In other words I believe the serial port is configured properly.

Anybody have any idea what is not right?

--
--Tony

The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.-Plutarch