On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 22:40 -0600, jgmtfia Mr wrote:
> http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_004.html
>
> They have USB as serial versions.

(I found out the name yesterday, but thanks.)
I'm not too sure about using the usb versions..  I found some more info
here just now.

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/archive/o_t/t_103/start_30/index.html

It looks like it might solve the stability issue.  From what I've seen
online results are somewhat mixed...

The key results seem to be that you can most likely control two dish
receivers with two serial versions of theses things.  At around $45 a
piece, that is a little expensive though.  It also seems like people are
having some success controlling a couple receivers with one, but I
haven't studied the details yet..