At 02:40 PM 10/28/2005, you wrote:

At 01:43 PM 10/28/2005, you wrote:

Hi all-

My remote control with my PVR-150 was working great when I used the packaged install (mythtv-suite). Then I decided I wanted to tweak some of the plugin settings, so I decided to build from source.

I have built from source and got basically everything working like it used to, but my remote control doesnt work with mythtv anymore.

When I compiled, the ./configure script reported lirc support : yes

I can still run my remote with irw, the messages are received correctly (lircd is running).

I can also use the remote with irxevent piping the remote commands to mythtv.

However, Id really prefer to get native remote control support in mythtv so I could use my existing lircrc file.

I searched the archive with nothing pointing directly to my problem.

Thoughts?

Any log files I should post to help the members of this great community to figure out whats going on?

Eric.

There are some reports that ivtv causes the remote to stop working after a while. Does it come back for a short period if you reboot? On the ivtv list there was a patch which basically puts in an IR reset into the code. There are also patches to do the same with a once a minute cron job. This might not be your case where you say it works with irw.

That is an interesting idea, but a couple things: Concerning reboot: it makes no difference. The remote _always_ works with irw and irxevent, but _never_ in mythtv. I did compile ivtv from source whereas before I was using the pre-built binaries in the package install, so what you say is possible, but since it works with irw always, I wouldn’t think the problem is with the driver. Other thoughts? TIA, Eric.

Well, the lircrc file is what controls the functionality away from irw. Are you sure it didn't get corrupted/overwritten?