2009/3/3 Shimon Weinreich <shi...@openu.ac.il>:
> Hello,
>
> I run Nagios version 3.0.3 on Linux. I have a strange problem. I don’t get
> any notifications
>
> When hosts went down but notifications is working OK for services.
>
> Any hint ??

There are various options in the host definition which determine
whether Nagios will send a notification for a host.  For example
max_check_attempts, check_interval, retry_interval, contact_groups,
first_notification_delay, notification_period, notification_options
and notifications_enabled.  You can read all about them in the
documentation at:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectdefinitions.html#host

It's possible too that you might have disabled notifications for the
host.  Check the host in the web front-end to make sure.  In the host
detail screen it should say (amongst other things) "Notifications:
ENABLED".

Also note that host and service notification options are specified
separately in the contact definition.  For example, the template I use
for contacts looks like this:

define contact{
  name                            generic-contact
  service_notification_period     24x7
  host_notification_period        24x7
  service_notification_options    w,c,r
  host_notification_options       d,r
  service_notification_commands   notify-service-by-email
  host_notification_commands      notify-host-by-email
  register                        0
  }

The host notification command is usually different to the service
notification command.  Check your command definitions and make sure
there isn't some problem with your host notification command.

hth,

Jim