Looks good, but no performance data, which I would like to be able to trend memory usage and justify upgrades. Anyone familiar with a good memory test that properly handles memory reservations AND also includes performance trending data?

 A. Davis
 Email:     ncc...@gmail.com

 "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
  if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

Justin Pasher wrote:
Andrew Davis wrote:
So along with disk and CPU tests, I want to test for memory usage. I pulled a perl memory script off Nagios Exchange and was quickly reminded of how linux handles memory... how it leaves whatever has been used previously as "reserved". Thus, a server with 4Gb of RAM may show that 3.95Gb is in use, but in reality, more like 512Mb is in use and the swap usage is under 10%, if used at all, confirming the "actual versus reserved" issue. So how are you guys testing for memory on Linux boxes that flag it as reserved when its not? Are there any scripts on Nagios Exchange for memory testing that are better than others?

I use check_memory.pl. It properly takes buffers and cache into consideration (using the "free" command).

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed%2F1433.html;d=1

--
Justin Pasher