On Sun, 3 May 2009 13:57:27 +0200 (CEST), "Albrecht Dreß"
<albrecht.dr...@arcor.de> wrote:

>Hi Eric:
>
>> It is possible that there are updates available, but none of these are "high
>> priority", so they are not appearing when you go to the Windows Update
>> website?
>
>You're right - these update were in the categories "Software, Optional" and
>"Hardware, Optional".  After installing them manually, the they also
>disappeared from the list reported by check_nrpe.
>
>It would now be nice to have the options to either exclude optional updates
>completely from the check or to exclude them from the "critical" and "warning"
>counters (i.e. if there are no important updates, check_nrpe still returns ok,
>but once there is an important one, the list of optional ones is included in
>the performance data).
>
>Do you know the property of the object returned by the searcher interface
>which indicates if the update is important or optional (I hope there is
>one...)?  I would then tweak the script.

Software:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/sus/client/suclvb12.mspx

Harware (Drivers):
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/sus/client/suclvb11.mspx

Details on the IUpdate interface
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa386099(VS.85).aspx

That being said, not entirely sure if the windows update service knows
the difference between a critical, and optional update when a WSUS
server is not involved.  You could use the code above, and look for
ones that have the AutoSelectOnWebSites set to yes/true/1.  This
should give you the same view as what you get on the website.

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=2547&view=File1;d=1

That should be a good base, you can probably just modify the search
criteria, and ass "and AutoSelectOnWebSites = 1"

--
Jonathan Angliss
<j...@netdork.net>