On Jul 8, 2009, at 11:29 AM, John Andrunas wrote:

> Anyone know of a way to increase the verbosity of the actual Nagios
> Daemon?  I am trying to track down an issue (see my message from
> yesterday), but Nagios only logs the checks/alerts etc.  I would like
> to turn on debugging of some sort but I don't see any way of doing so.

You don't say what version of nagios you are using.

In version 2.x and prior, debug options are set at compile time and
passed via --enable-DEBUG[x] parameters to ./configure (./configure --
help).

In version 3.x, debug options are set in the main config file.
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/configmain.html

--
Marc