apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client libmysqlclient15off libmysqlclient15-dev

mysql is your db where you need to create the nagios db, user and then configure ndoutils to insert data - fetching can be done in different ways.

Jimmyboy wrote:
Hi All,
I need to install *Ndoutils* so that historical data can be fetched from Nagios. For this, I have installed Nagios 3.0.6 successfully on *Ubuntu 8.10 Desktop Edition*. One of the prerequisites for Ndoutils seems to be MySQL. However, I did not find any document for installation of MySQL on Ubuntu's Desktop Edition. Is it not possible or in other words, do I need Ubuntu Server Edition? Thanks,
Jim
=-=-=-=