Hi there --

I am trying to monitor several Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 systems, and I am
experimenting with several plugins.

The first plugin that I am testing is the check_mssql plugin. I am having
problems gaining access to the server,
and I am not sure where the syntax error is in the command. The command syntax
that is being used is the following:

The username being entered is a domain user account. The name is used either by
itself or as <domain>\<username>.
All attempts have resulted in the following error:

CRITICAL: Could not connect to <ip address> as <username>.

Another plugin that I am testing is the check_mssql_health plugin. Using the
command syntax shown below:

./check_mssql_health --hostname=<ip address> --username=<username>
--password=<password> --mode=connection-time

The username here is the same as that used in the previous plugin. The
connection attempts all failed with the
following error message appearing on-screen:

CRITICAL - cannot connect to 172.27.45.252. DBI
connect(';host=172.27.45.252;port=1433','ahk',...)
failed: (no error string) at ./check_mssql_health line 2175

Has anyone had success working with either of these plugins, and if so, what
would be the correct syntax to use here?

Also, the SQL servers all have the OpMon agent installed on them as a means to
monitor disk space usage, and other
services. Does OpMon have the means, or is there a plugin that can be installed
on the Windows servers that would enable
the monitoring of the SQL servers?

Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.