Quoting Jim Avery:

> The send_nsca transmission identifies the host to Nagios so it won't
matter if the address is NATted.

Hi Jim,

   ok great if its possible, however I did try setting this up and it
didnt seem to work.
I am using the NSClient++ on Windows servers, and under the NSCA
section I have defined what is described as "LOCAL HOST NAME"
correctly on each client. However when both clients are configured on
the Nagios server updates are received to one and not the other, which
makes me think its just asscoiating all inbound messages with the
first matching IP (I have defined each host with an IP, I guess that
is required too isnt it?),

If it isn't to do with the host definition having an IP defined then
maybe I made some other config mistake, I can double check it all on
Monday.

thanks Andy.