Hi,

as user root you can su to any other user without being requested for any
passwords.

Anyway, if the nagios user has no valid shells in /etc/passwd, you won't
be able to su to it even though you are root.

Check the /etc/passwd, it's format is:

user:1020:1025:,,,:/home/user:/bin/bash

Look for user nagios and look and check for the last field, if it's
anything else thane /bin/bash or /bin/sh, change to one of these values.

Then, try to su to nagios again.

Giorgio

<quota chi="Phil Dobbin">