Hi List,

Hope you doing fine...

I have a very critical web application (URL) hosted on a production server on
the Jboss service. As now I am monitoring the URL availability and the
production server availability using nagios. But as I am polling to check these
on an interval of 5 mints and also there is check latency often on my nagios
server because of high load, I am not able to detect even a seconds downtime of
this url or server.

An idea which I am thinking of, is monitoring the log files of jboss for this
service availability using log monitoring (the passive way) with freshness
threshold set to very low. Will it work ? what are your suggestions ?

Thanks,
Manish Kumar
Open Source Tools Team, IMS, Mahindra Satyam
Mob: +919035435306

DISCLAIMER:
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE
COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is
appreciated.