On 12/03/2012 04:41 PM, Supporto Tecnico - Crazy Network wrote:
>    Hi,
>
> i did re-install nagios again (from git repo) using: git clone
> git://github.com/ageric/nagios.git
>
> But still got same error from debug level 32:
>
> [1354549057.568949] [032.0] [pid=4151] ** Service Notification Attempt
> ** Host: 'Server.SysAdminDiary.it', Service: 'Server FTP', Type: 0,
> [1354549057.569017] [032.0] [pid=4151] Notification viability test passed.
> [1354549057.569029] [032.1] [pid=4151] Current notification number: 1
> (incremented)
> [1354549057.569040] [032.1] [pid=4151] Service notification will NOT be
> escalated.
> [1354549057.569049] [032.1] [pid=4151] Adding normal contacts for
> service to notification list.
> [1354549057.569056] [032.0] [pid=4151] No contacts were found for
> notification purposes.  No notification was sent out.
>
> Here contacts file:
>
> define contact{
>           name                            cn-contacts
>           service_notification_period     24x7
>           host_notification_period        24x7
>           service_notification_options    c,r
>           host_notification_options       d,u,r
>           service_notification_commands   notify-service-by-email
>           host_notification_commands      notify-host-by-email
>           register                        0
> }
>

> define contact{
>           contact_name                    andrea.iannucci
>           use                             cn-contacts
>           alias                           Andrea Iannucci
>           email                           supp...@crazynetwork.it
>           contact_groups                  sysadmindiary.it
>           service_notification_commands
> notify-service-by-email,notify-service-by-sms
>           host_notification_commands
> notify-host-by-email,notify-host-by-sms
>           pager                           00391234567890
> }
>
> define contactgroup{
>           contactgroup_name               sysadmindiary.it
>           alias                           SysAdminDiary.it Staff
> }
>
> Here service definition:
>
> define service{
>           name                            cn-ftp-service
>           active_checks_enabled           1
>           passive_checks_enabled          1
>           parallelize_check               1
>           obsess_over_service             1
>           check_freshness                 0
>           notifications_enabled           1
>           event_handler_enabled           1
>           flap_detection_enabled          1
>           process_perf_data               1
>           retain_status_information       1
>           retain_nonstatus_information    1
>           is_volatile                     0
>           servicegroups                   ftp-server
>           service_description             Server FTP
>           check_command                   check_ftp
>           icon_image                      ftp.png
>           check_period                    24x7
>           max_check_attempts              3
>           normal_check_interval           5
>           retry_check_interval            2
>           contact_groups                  sysadmindiary.it
> [...]

So contactgroup is inherited from template. That might be a clue. Can
you verify if the contactgroup is present on the proper services in
your objects.cache file?

Also, if you're not keeping secrets in the configuration, it would
help if I could get my hands on it so I can see the problem for myself.
If template inheritance is broken for contacts and/or contactgroups,
that's a pretty serious issue.

--
Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.erics...@op5.se

on peace.