once again, athena, thank you!!!  this was fantasic info that i didn't  
realize i needed to know till just now :):)
 
thanks!!!!
 
denise
 
 
In a message dated 11/21/2008 8:38:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Ruby,
Your feet have no oil glands but they do have at least  250,000 sweat glands. 
  When the bottom of the feet get a serious build  up of dry skin called 
XEROSIS the sweat production decreases and you have less  ability to store 
moisture.  So you get a callus.

Urea is a water  magnet  that draws water from deep tissue to the surface of 
the dry  skin.
Urea is protective, antimicrobial, anti itch/inflammation and  also helps 
anti fungal agents penetrate the skin. Do not use in between toes  on a 
diabetic 
ok.

Here is a good rule to follow :
Humectrants  attract water to skin....Moisturizer/barrier hold water in 
skin.....Lubricants  are oils that reduce friction

Check out the good  ingrediants you  want to look for in foot creams;
Urea-water magnet
Dimethicon-reduces  friction
Lactic acid-exfoliate
Alovera moisturizes and lubricate
Tea  tree and emu oil-anitceptic and lubricant.

Lastly I use a line called  FootLogix that contain Urea and chlorotrimazole 
which is another  antifungal  used to treat a variety of fungal infections.
(ps I do not  wk for footlogix...lolol

Ok I going to sleep.
The holiday rush  happend all at one time just like normal. Im pooped.
nite  yall



On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Ruby Bobrink <[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) >  wrote:


Thanks  for the input and clarification.  I usually put the callus  eliminator
on and then I work on the cuticles while the callus eliminator  does its
work.  When I'm finished with all the cuticle work I work  on the callus
areas.  Also, what's the urea do for the  feet?
Thanks all!
Ruby



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[email protected])   
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[email protected]) ] On  Behalf
Of athena elliott
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 3:00  PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[email protected]) 
Subject:  NailTech:: Re: NailTech::RUBY Peeling Nails and really callus  feet


Ruby. Uuugh
I am making an amendment TO MY OWN POST  lol
I meant to say if the feet are that callused .......it might  be
something more........
Sorry I prob confused you into thinking "her  peeling nails" might have
a fungus.
I'm talking about the feet here  lol
So sorry If I confused yall !
That's what I get for posting on the  "fly"
Peace :)

On 11/21/08, athena elliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) > wrote:
>  Hi Ruby,
> In my experience the top 3 reason why nails peel at the  free edge is this;
> Using a nail file that is to coarse. Try a 240  gt
> A file thats to course and then a water manicure..or the client  has her
> hands in water a lot..this will surly cause peeling.
>  The last is when clients use cleaning products with out gloves.  Chemicals
> will reek havoc on a great manicure.
>
> I  find that a lot of times they have a fungal infection  and no  matter
what
> you do you just can't get a handle on  it.
>
> This is the best time to find a local Podiatrist and  refer your client.
Not
> only will they find out what might be  wrong but the dr prob will give them
a
> Rx containing either UREA  and or Salicylic acid and here is the best
> part...your client will  have a new respect for your professionalism!!
>
> On Thu, Nov  20, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Alice <[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) >  wrote:
>
>>  Callus Eliminator is not working for you?  It should it  depends upon
how
>> you are using it.  There are other fantastic callus removal products out
>>  there that you can also try.  Blue Cross, Callus Care.  Foot
Logix....first
>> I need to know your steps then I can  trouble shoot for you.
>>
>>  Alice  Wallace
>> High Road To Education Team  Member
>>
>>
>>  -----Original  Message-----
>> From: Ruby Bobrink <[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) >
>>  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[email protected]) 
>>  Sent: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:34 am
>> Subject: NailTech:: Peeling  Nails and really callus feet
>>
>>  Hi  All!
>> I have a client that I can't get her nails to stop peeling  at the free
>> edge.  I have been using fusion by Jessica and  also their formula for
>> brittle nails.  She thinks it might  be hormone or something.  I also need
>> a
>> good  product for really callus feet.  I currently use callus  eliminator.
>> Any advice?
>>  Thanks!
>>
>> Ruby,
>> Claremont,  CA
>>
>>
>>
>>  ------------------------------
>> Traveling over the river or  through the woods this holiday season? Get
the
>>  MapQuest
>>
Toolbar<_http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212816426x1200798402/aol?re
dir=http://www.mapquest.com/toolbar?ncid=emlwemqmq00000001_ 
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212816426x1200798402/aol?redir=http://www.mapquest.com
/toolbar?ncid=emlwemqmq00000001) >.
>>  Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices & More!
>>
>>  >>
>>
>
>
> --
> Athena Elliott  CMP,ANT,MNT
> _www.MySpaWish.com_ (http://www.myspawish.com/) 
>  _www.MediNailTech.com_ (http://www.medinailtech.com/) 
> _www.SPAthena.com_ (http://www.spathena.com/) 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) 
>

--
Sent  from my mobile device

Athena Elliott CMP,ANT,MNT
_www.MySpaWish.com_ (http://www.myspawish.com/) 
_www.MediNailTech.com_ (http://www.medinailtech.com/) 
_www.SPAthena.com_ (http://www.spathena.com/) 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) 











-- 
Athena Elliott CMP,ANT,MNT
_www.MySpaWish.com_ (http://www.myspawish.com/) 
_www.MediNailTech.com_ (http://www.medinailtech.com/) 
_www.SPAthena.com_ (http://www.spathena.com/) 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) 




**************One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, 
and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com 
today!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212962939x1200825291/aol?redir=http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp
%26icid=aolcom40vanity%26ncid=emlcntaolcom00000001)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/NailTech?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to