Hi Teks,
? After doing some research, and seeing the posts on using dry powdered colored 
acrylic to add to the color of the gel, I began to wonder if there is a way to 
make your own colored gels.? I know awhile back we were playing around with 
mixing the gel with different nail polishes, and I actually did this yesterday 
on myself.? However, I think you do need to use a?more intense polish than what 
the desired results would?be.? I used a frosted mauve, and after 2?gel/polish 
mix coats, it?still looked sheer.? So, today, I wiped them with scrub fresh, 
then airbrushed a white tip, and added a coat of?clear gel.? So far, so good, 
it turned out a beautiful french manicure combination!? I'm hoping that it 
lasts, as I really like the way it looks!?
?? THEN I started wondering what I could add to clear gel (or pink gel!? or 
white gel!) to make it a different color.? Hmmm..?once upon a time I did fancy 
decorated cakes for?our catering business.? ?I figured that food coloring would 
be WAY too liquid intense, and dilute the gel beyond a useable consistency.? 
However, I have paste food coloring for coloring icing!? Hmmm.. this could be 
cool!? I don't have a gel lamp at home to try this with, so I will take a few 
colors to the shop tomorrow and see if I can find time to play!? Has anyone 
else tried this? 
Thanks! 
Pam
Nail Designs 
Frozen Ohio 

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/NailTech?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to