Your probably right about mixing it with white. It will probably come out a lot 
brighter. When I need a color to come out brighter or more neon I will put a 
coat of white polish first and then a coat of the color polish. I do that with 
any frost color that just doesn't want to cover well too. I will find a flat 
shade that matches close enough and put it on first then the color that the 
client wants. 
 
Angie Wingerter




________________________________
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 8:24:24 PM
Subject: NailTech:: Re: Making yor own color gels works!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Angie,  The gel turned our very shiney!  very pretty!  I was surprised that 
this hairbrained idea actually worked!  The small amount of food color paste 
didn't change the way the gel worked, or cured to my knowledge.  The color was 
a little sheer, I did a burgundy, and a teal, way pretty!  I bet if you mixed 
the color paste with white gel it would turn out more of a true color.  I think 
the sheers would b very pretty with a french look though, and the burgundy 
turned out a real nice shade of "sheer red"!  lol!  I did 2 coats, but if you 
liked the sheer look, you could do just one.  The second coat deepened the 
color.  The thing is, you needed SO little color paste!  A teeny tiny amount 
made the gel a very nice shade!  I used finishing gel because it was on sale at 
Sally Beauty ($1.99 for a 1 oz size! I think it was ESN brand gel)  And I 
figured it would be best to experiment with something "low cost" instead of 
using a more expensive
 product.  lol!  
Pam
Nail Designs
Frozen in Ohio


-----Original Message-----
From: Angela R Wingerter <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 9:13 pm
Subject: NailTech:: Re: Making yor own color gels works!!!!!!!!!!!


Pam,

Cool idea. When you say finishing gel do you mean the last shine coat ? How do 
you know if your gel didn't cure all the way? Is it not shiney?
 
Angie Wingerter




________________________________
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 5:22:07 PM
Subject: NailTech:: Making yor own color gels works!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Teks,  I took a small amount of finishing clear gel, and then mixed in a 
tiny bit of paste food coloring (the kind you use to color frosting, Wilton 
makes the kind I have)  So... this really works!  I used it on a nail tip, and 
the colors were gorgeous!  I might try experimenting a little more with this, 
there are dozens of food coloring choices, and the gel was beautiful!  I'll let 
you know how it goes!  
Pam
Nail Designs
Frozen in Ohio






________________________________
A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! 







________________________________
A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! 

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/NailTech?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to