On 10 Oct 2007, at 17:56, Sean Figgins wrote:

Spam, on the other hand, always seemed to be a scarlet topic here. If someone mentions spam or mail servers, there are those here that start breathing fire and claiming that their email should not be subject to spam filters. I don't know that it's really a relevant topic, as not all network operators provide email services to their customers, and the number that actually do seem to be getting smaller and smaller.
[...]
2) Voice over IP.
3) Video over IP.

If we let email be called 'Literature over IP', then if voice and video are on topic, email is.

-a