On 1 Jul 2010, at 17:59, William Norton wrote:

> 1) We started seeing folks having suite parties,
[...]
> 2) We started seeing people quietly passing out logo'd and funny t-shirts,
[...]
> 4) tours of data centers that don't sponsor NANOG but are local (we geeks
> like these things),

These are really the same things.

A good quality meeting 'Fringe' is a defining characteristic of a mature
community.  Let it happen.  The fringe is the test-bed for stuff too crazy or
early for the formal agenda.  Promote this ad-hoc stuff on the nanog site.  A
good fringe will encourage more long-term attendees and attendee loyalty ( ==
revenue) without the program co-ordinators having to do more work.

Andy