> Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 15:35:29 -0600
> From: Sean Figgins <s...@labrats.us>
>
>   On 10/6/10 2:50 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > I guess I miss the point. When I can go to
> > nanog.org/meetings/nanog49/agenda.php and watch and listen to the full
> > meeting, why would I need a transcopt?
>
> Not everyone can make the community meeting.  The community meeting is
> not always broadcast.  Not everyone will be able to understand who is
> asking what question.
>
> For the general conference, I agree that it does not always need to have
> transcripts.  But as the community meeting is likely the place where
> corporate business is being discussed, this needs to be reviewable at a
> later date  I do not know it this is a legal requirement at all, but I
> know that most incorporated organizations I have participated in have
> pretty decent transcripts or minutes from their business meetings.

I don't quite understand this. The community meeting has been recorded
for the past 3 years (9 meetings). I would think that the recording
would both meet legal requirements and allow a transcript to be made
later.

At most, we might need a recording secretary to take notes, but this
does not require a stenographer. Matt does an excellent job of it now
and getting someone to take notes for pay would still be far less
expensive that hiring a stenographer.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)