Jared Mauch wrote:

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 08:07:36AM +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

"They" will keep trying and until a vast majority of ISPs implement maxas, this will keep happening.

        Or until people who are still running multi-year old cisco code
actually upgrade?  This seems to primarily impact:

        1) Old cisco code
        2) PC based bgp daemons

Both of which likely just need to be upgraded. I actually suspect that a lot of people who dropped their bgp sessions did not notice
something happened, and still will not upgrade their code....I
suspect these people don't even know they have a bgp speaking device
anymore.

On the other hand, the fact that various entities have gone out of their way to advertise that they're running old hardware/out-of-date software has been noted elsewhere. I'd strongly suggest, if you're reading NANOG, that you update, before someone less pleasant and friendly than myself finds you. Please.

--
Remember, if it's in the news, don't worry about it. The very
definition of news is "something that almost never happens." When