On 05/15/19 13:58 +0000, Phil Lavin wrote:
We're an eyeball network. We accept default routes from our transit
providers so in theory there should be no impact on reachability.

I'm pretty concerned about things that I don't know due to inefficient
routing, e.g. customers hitting a public anycast DNS server in the wrong
location resulting in Geolocation issues.

Ah! Understood. The default route(s) was the bit I missed. Makes a lot of
sense if you can't justify buying new routers.

Have you seen issues with Anycast routing thus far? One would assume that
routing would still be fairly efficient unless you're picking up transit
from non-local providers over extended L2 links.

We've had no issues so far but this was a recent change. There was no
noticeable change to outbound traffic levels.
--
Dan White
BTC Broadband