On Tue, 14 May 2019, Brandon Martin wrote:

Is there a standard that defines/recommends behavior for route injection of snooped DHCPv6-PD (or IA, I guess) assignments on routers running relay agents?

No, there isn't. However, there is now work ongoing work in the IETF to at least create a functional description of one.

I read a pre-version of the -00 yesterday (my colleague is one of the authors), hopefully a first version of it should be posted coming week. Check out the IETF WG mailing list for when it's posted.

The area of how the router on the LAN gets the DHCPv6-PD route injected never was standardized because consensus couldn't be reached on how to do it, so it was glossed over and vendors solved it the way they saw fit. I've seen implementations where no route was injected (to customer astonishment of course becase it's useless without this), so this is functionality that needs at least some kind of specification.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se