On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 18:50, Tom Beecher <beec...@beecher.cc> wrote:

> I respectfully just don't agree on that. In my view, software should default
> to not setting those bits to anything by default, but should have
> configuration options that allow them to be set if required. Every network is
> different, and making assumptions based on RFC SHOULD's is an unfortunate
> choice.

You are entitled to that opinion, I just wanted to correct you that
this is not a change in OpenSSH behaviour from your point of view,
just different bits. For you it's business as usual.

I don't anticipate Internet users in general to be capable of
configuring QoS and I think they deserve reasonable defaults, and
those who understand what they want, can change those defaults. The
WLAN AP you shop from typical provider has QoS built-in, and it works
reasonably, with reasonable definition.
I wish we'd take it further, and give reasonable last mile QoS to
consumer, the 'small packets first in congestion' would on average
increase user experience significantly.

--
  ++ytti