Yes, expect CDMA cellular to disappear before too long.

Verizon is shutting down their CDMA network at the end of this year.

Sprint announced in February 2019 that it is no longer activating CDMA-only
devices starting May 1 2019.  No sunset date has been announced yet but suffice
it to say the ball is in motion to sunset their CDMA network.

Any of the regional carriers that run CDMA networks are likely to follow suit
in short order.

Ryan Wilkins