In message <67b3e0d5-7d09-42e2-a753-eb6c93859...@getmailspring.com>,
Florian Brandstetter <flori...@globalone.io> wrote:

>if you'd open the traceroute you just sent you'd see that the target
>is route looping and not actually used by their alleged customer?

Yea.  So?  How is that relevant to my fundamental narrative?

Cogent was announcing the whole of 168.198.0.0/16.  Do we agree?

Theye were most probably *not* doing so just for laughs or just to
create routing loops.  Do we agree?

Traceroutes show that from Cogent, packets were further being passed
to FDCServers.  Do we agree?

Now, if you want to know who FDCSewer's customer was in this case,
why don't you try asking them?

I am satisfied that the intel that I've already collected indicates
the exceptionally high probability that this entire legacy /16 block...
along with many many others, also of entirely dubious provenance...
were all being routed to and for a certain Mr. Elad Cohen and his
company, Netstyle Atarim, Ltd.:

organisation:   ORG-NAL9-RIPE
org-name:       NETSTYLE A. LTD
org-type:       LIR
address:        Derech Menachem Begin 156
address:        6492108
address:        Tel-Aviv
address:        ISRAEL
phone:          +972-1-800-204-404
e-mail:         info (at) netstyle.io

>Also, what would the target IP have been in this case, since it was omitted?

If you look carefully, I gave that in the post you are responding to:

>> My apologies. In my furious haste, I botched that one URL. Here is the
>> correct file conatining my traceroute to 168.198.12.242 as performed by
>> me on August 23rd:
>>
>> https://pastebin.com/raw/TrLbGZuW

Regards,
rfg