----- On Nov 26, 2019, at 7:59 AM, Willy Manga mangawi...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

> I would have said the very very minimum could be to invest in a
> dual-stack 'proxy' for public-facing services; internal or external
> solution, you have the choice.
>
> And why even do that ? Because the other side is not only on IPv4.

Using a dual-stack proxy is not always an option. Source IP information may be
needed on the app level for risk analysis, OFAC compliance, and copyright
purposes. For example, Paypal will definitely use IP address information in its
fraud risk analysis.

That said, there are of course ways to do that while using a proxy. However,
that will now require some for of development. Dev time better used to properly
implement v6.

Unfortunately, I've been part of way to many discussions where the only thing a
beancounter wants to know is: what is the short term effect of not doing it?

Short term exec bonuses, short term decisions.

Thanks,

Sabri