On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 2:18 PM <b...@theworld.com> wrote:

> It's really not analogous to most of the mass attacks on the net
> because the entire telco system is built to know who is using it in
> great detail.

You don't think transit providers bill their customers?

The analogy holds surprisingly well.  Any transit provider (or other ISP)
could trivially identify their customers who are launching spoofed attacks,
simply by looking for a high volume of SYN packets, or a high diversity of
source ASNs, or several other signals.  But instead they pretend it's
"hard", just as the telcos do.  In reality, the only thing that's hard
about it is the policy decision of turning away money.

Damian

Have you ever made a billable call and *not* been billed for it?