On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:50 AM Tom Beecher <beec...@beecher.cc> wrote:

> Their device by itself did not leak anything, no. But it was the thing that
> created the more specifics that were then leaked due to other errors.

"In order to further reduce the likelihood of these problems occurring
in the future, we will be adding a feature within Noction IRP to give
an option to tag all the more specific prefixes that it generates with
the BGP NO_EXPORT community. ***This will not be enabled by
default***, due to potential drawbacks; such as customers who use
multiple ASes or customers who have eBGP sessions with private ASes,
but it will be an option if a customer wants to use it. This way, even
if filters fail, more specific prefixes won’t be propagated to
external autonomous systems." -
https://www.noction.com/blog/route-optimizers (emphasis mine).

So, yes, "other errors" - but not tagging these by default with
NO_EXPORT is like shipping hand grenades with the pins removed. Yes,
some people might not know how to remove them - but these people
really shouldn't be touching them to begin with....

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:50 PM Michel Py <michel...@tsisemi.com> wrote:
>>
>> > In recent months, I've been trying to bring your attention to BGP
>> > optimization.
>>
>> Is that not the thing that leaked a massive amount of prefixes some time ago
>> ?
>>
>> Michel.
>>
>> TSI Disclaimer:  This message and any files or text attached to it are
>> intended only for the recipients named above and contain information that
>> may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
>> you must not forward, copy, use or otherwise disclose this communication or
>> the information contained herein. In the event you have received this
>> message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
>> message, and then delete all copies of it from your system. Thank you!...

idea in the first place.
of pants.
   ---maf