It is with a heavy heart that I must relate the news that Don Smith, formerly
of CenturyLink and more lately of Netscout Arbor, passed away in his sleep last
night.

Don was a colleague, friend, and mentor to many; he was a mainstay of the
operational community, and tirelessly worked to make the Internet safer and
more resilient for us all.  His intellect, wit, and generosity of spirit were
well-known to those who were privileged to have the opportunity to work with
and learn from him.

Don’s contributions to the industry were manifold.  While we are all diminished
by his loss, his legacy abides; and we can honor him by continuing to build
upon that foundation, for the betterment of the Internet community as a whole.

Once Don’s family have established plans for his memorial, they will be posted
here.
Roland Dobbins <roland.dobb...@netscout.com>