andrew.wallace wrote:
I want this individual made an example of and im not joking.

And I'd like an example made of companies that ignore reports of security flaws and leave their customers open to such worms; not to mention giving the impression to misguided teenagers that the only way they will be heard is to release a worm.

Historically, I believe some companies have ignored security concerns until someone (sometimes non-maliciously) released a worm. Of course, even non-malicious worms can have unpredictable results which result in catastrophic behavior. The earliest examples predate my residence on the network, but I've read a small bug made them extremely bad.

Jack