> On Jan 13, 2021, at 3:39 PM, Alejandro Acosta
> <alejandroacostaal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 13/1/21 4:05 PM, Sean Donelan wrote:
>>
>> The Uganda Communications Commission has issued a shutdown order for the
>> operation of all Internet gateways in Uganda beginning January 13, 2021
>> until further notice.
>>
>> I can't access the official Uganda Communications Commission website, but
>> this appears to be a copy of the order
>>
>> https://twitter.com/DougColtart/status/1349442878481846272/photo/1
>>

> So sad to read this. How is it possible to think this is good to anybody?..,
> ok, maybe to the very high politicians of the country, but no one else. Not
> less than 44 million people negative affected.
>

> That's it.
>

> Alejandro,

It is mildly interesting to see what Twitter itself has to say about it:

https://twitter.com/Policy/status/1349059275461685250

"Ahead of the Ugandan election, we're hearing reports that Internet service
providers are being ordered to block social media and messaging apps.

We strongly condemn internet shutdowns – they are hugely harmful, violate basic
human rights and the principles of the #OpenInternet.”

Oh, the jokes just write themselves…

-Andy