On 3/27/21 07:30, b...@theworld.com wrote:

The video is pretty good particularly where it's most pessimistic.

My prediction:

   It might take a little more than ten years but I'll predict positive
   ID or you're not getting anywhere useful.

And a lot of people here will loathe that.

But you/we had your chance and spent most of your energy rebuking it
and very little proposing and implementing any working alternative.

The BIG BUCK$ (corps, govts, etc) are sick to death of the current
situation and will go along with such proposals. And they have little
to zero interest in the usual arguments against it.

Note: I'm being predictive, what I think will happen, not
prescriptive, what I want to happen.

At a much higher level, I feel that we should not spend too much time predicting what will happen, as there are very clear trends that have emerged due to the growth of the Internet. But how those trends will actually shape up, no one really does know.

Moreover, because creativity knows no bounds nowadays, the pathway is not a straight line.

We should just be ready to adjust as things unfold.

Mark.