From: "Andy Ringsmuth" <a...@andyring.com>
To: "nanog list" <nanog@nanog.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 1:46:04 PM
Subject: Re: New minimum speed for US broadband connections

> On Jun 1, 2021, at 12:33 PM, Mike Hammett <na...@ics-il.net> wrote:
>
> Show me an average end-user that can tell the difference between a 10 meg
> upload and a 1 gig upload, aside from media-heavy professionals or the
> one-time full backup of a phone, PC, etc. Okay, show me two of them, ten of
> them...

How about the farmer using an HD or 4k drone with WAPs on his center pivot
irrigation sprinklers to monitor crops? Or monitor the cattle herd that is
currently growing the next T-bone or porterhouse steak you’ll be eating?

----
Andy Ringsmuth
5609 Harding Drive
Lincoln, NE 68521-5831
(402) 304-0083
a...@andyring.com

“Better even die free, than to live slaves.” - Frederick Douglas, 1863