Mikael Abrahamsson via NANOG wrote:

I'll let Mikael confirm, but last time I checked, Stokab was mostly (if not all) Active-E.

Sweden is mostly Active-e. There is some PON nowadays though.

Stokab typically only rents out dark fiber, so they don't have any of it.

As cabling cost is mostly independent of the number of cores in a
cable, as long as enough number of cores for single star are provided,
which means core cost is mostly cabling cost divided by number of
subscribers, single star does not cost so much.

Then, PON, needing large closures for splitters and lengthy drop
cables from the closures, costs a lot cancelling small cost of
using dedicated cores of single star.

On the other hand, if PON is assumed and the number of cores in a
cable is small, core cost for single star will be large and only
one PON operator with the largest share (shortest drop cable from
closures to, e.g. 8 customers) can survive, resulting in monopoly.

                                                Masataka Ohta