On 10/6/21 2:33 PM, William Herrin wrote:
On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 10:43 AM Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:
So if I understand their post correctly, their DNS servers have the
ability to withdraw routes if they determine are sub-optimal (fsvo).
The servers' IP addresses are anycasted. When one data center
determines itself to be malfunctioning, it withdraws the routes so
that users will reach a different data center that is, in theory,
still functioning.

Ah, I was wondering if the anycast part was the relevant bit. But doesn't it seem odd that it would be intertwined with the DNS infrastructure?

Mike