It appears that Anne Mitchell <amitch...@isipp.com> said:
>> Cc: NANOG <nanog@nanog.org>, Greg Skinner <gregskinn...@icloud.com>,
>> "Karandikar, Abhay" <direc...@iitk.ac.in>, Rama Ati
><rama_...@outlook.com>, Bob Corner GMAIL <bobbiecor...@gmail.com>, "Hsing, T.
>Russell" <ths...@ieee.org>, "Chen, Henry C.J."
><hcjc...@avinta.com>, ST Hsieh <uschinae...@gmail.com>, "Chen, Abraham Y."
><ayc...@alum.mit.edu>
>>

>This is a whole lot of cc:s to people who aren't even part of this group/list.
> One wonders with this many cc:s, how many bcc:s there also were, and to whom.

There are several thousand people on the NANOG list, and public web archives.
I don't think this
is a useful question.

FWIW, I also don't think that repurposing 240/4 is a good idea.  To be useful
it would require
that every host on the Internet update its network stack, which would take on
the order of
a decade, to free up some space that would likely be depleted in a year or two.
 It's basically
the same amount of work as getting everything to work on IPv6.

R's,
John