This huge conversation has been fun to follow.

I like my IPv6 transition plan:

Instead of moving the mountains and breaking my back to migrate (by myself) my
ENTIRE not-so-small organization to IPv6, I keep things going on IPv4
relatively burden-less to my organization till I retire.

Then the contractor that comes in after me (certainly a contractor, because the
pool of clueful people to hire is small and getting smaller) can execute the
transition and make a killing by causing more problems, and draining budgets to
fix those problems, which cause more problems, etc... in a nice vicious cycle.
I could even decide to be said contractor!

My CISO is on my side.  He DEMANDS as critical components of his Security
Posture: IPv4 NAT, and easier-to-type IPv4 ACL segmentation (clueful people to
hire is small)!  :)

This plan continues to be self-validating.  I like my plan.

-
Matt

On Mar 24, 2022, at 5:44 AM, Mark Delany