Fun, I had a parallel experience with NEMO that I implemented in IOS.

But I mostly read the fate of MIP and NEMO as a lack of ask. Which is similar
to the lack of desire today for the uplifts we made to IPv6 as a whole, and ND
in particular.

Anyway, RPL has a lot to do with what we learned there, including the abstract
objective function that yields the metrics you are talking about, typically
including things like ETX/ETX^2, RSSI and LQI.

So yes, things that make sense eventually emerge.

Keep safe.

Pascal