> On Apr 1, 2022, at 12:15 AM, Bill Woodcock <wo...@pch.net> wrote:
> …in a run-of-the-mill web hoster?
> I’m happy to take private replies and summarize/anonymize back to the list,
> if people prefer.

I asked the same question on Twitter, and got quite a lot of answers in both
places pretty quickly.  Thus far, 23 answers, with an average of about 490,000
and a median of 1,500.

Obviously there are a lot of different factors that go into this, but the two
that were cited most frequently were that user who want their own individual IP
drive the number down, while large load-balancing/caching infrastructures drive
the number up.

Thank you all very much.  I appreciate the education, and I hope it’s useful to
others as well!

                                -Bill