On Mon, 20 Jun 2022, Carsten Bormann wrote:
On 2022-06-20, at 14:14, J. Hellenthal <jhellent...@dataix.net> wrote:
Yeah that's another thing, "research" cause you need to learn it let's have
them do it too, multiply that by every university \o/
there was some actual research involved.

I agree that there should be a very good reason to expend a tiny bit of
everyone’s resources on this.

I do not agree that this externality makes any research in this space unethical.

Consent is what makes it unethical.

You signed up for this when you joined the Internet (er, stuck with the IPv4
Internet, I should probably say).

"If you dont like the unsolicited email, just hit delete" ?

How about ... NO.

-Dan