On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 at 12:48, Pascal Thubert (pthubert)
<pthub...@cisco.com> wrote:

Hey,

> I do not share that view:

I'm not sure how you read my view. I was not attempting to communicate
anything negative of IPv6. What I attempted to communicate

- near future looks to improve IOT security posture significantly, as
the IOT LAN won't share network with your user LAN, you'll go via GW
- thread+matter gives me optimism that IOT is being taken seriously
and good progress is being made, and the standards look largely well
thought out

> 1) Thread uses 6LoWPAN so nodes are effectively IPv6 even though it doesn’t
> show in the air.

I believe I implied that strongly. Considering the 'forced marketing
of IPv6' on the thread addressing scheme. Mind you, I don't think it
is big deal, might even be positive, but I would have probably used
inline PDU to decide roles.

--
  ++ytti