On 2/5/23 08:56, Roy wrote:

I don't know how much the pumps require.  The water well is about 100 feet from the house and the pressure tank.

The septic pump has to pump uphill to the drainage field. Distance is about 250 feet and elevation gain of 100 feet or so.

The heat pump doesn't seem to be a problem but the aux heat is on two 20amp 220v circuits.   There is a switch on the fan enclosure to disable the aux heat.

Another biggie is the electric hot water heater.

On 1/30 it never broke 32 degrees and the house used 145KWHR (average was 6KWH).  Thank goodness I am not far from the Columbia River and the BPA has a major substation about 5 miles away so I pay less than 10 cents per KWH

Over 2022, I lost power about 8 times.  The longest outage was 15 hours.

I would suggest having your generator checked by a professional, because it sounds like even if it's rated at 20kW, it is under-performing.

It sounds like it may have lost some of its spark, over the years.

Mark.