I run BIRD on Ubuntu and it works well. Feel free to reach out off list Bryan if you want some examples of a basic config

Thank you,
Michael Spears

On May 1, 2023 12:01 PM, Bryan Fields <br...@bryanfields.net> wrote:

I know best subjective, but I'm looking at a project to announce some IP space
that's between uses now and see what's there.  I'm planing to run a flow
logger and ntop on the VM and see what is coming in if anything.  I'm looking
at the options for BGP out there, and there's quite a few (other than running
a VM with a router doing BGP), but most data I've seen is focused on scale and
filtering use, or RPKI.  My use case is a bit different, and I can't find any
best practices for this use case from what I've found.

That said, is there a better solution other than linux/ntop/ipt-netflow?
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net