You are right, my “Metro” definition is about ISP/Carriers.
Mobile or Fixed, despite pure Mobiles would like to call it MBH – it has much
less traffic (Mobile subscribers would always have 7x less than fixed).
It is still the place where the majority of port capacity lives. Because all
content and cache are after this link.

50GE is better just because it is half of the cost of 100GE and it is enough
now for the great majority of cases. Money is very important these days for
this industry. 100GE single mode is more expensive than the best router port
itself. Routers have been deprecated 10x for the decade (almost 100x for 2
decades). Pluggable optics is not that much deprecated.

I do not think that content provider guys call their DCI “Metro”, not very
often.
I agree that 100GE for DCI is the minimum, 400GE is probably already needed in
some places.
IMHO: it is a different story. Very interested too.

PS: By the way, even if some ISP has 50% of revenue from Enterprise services
(it is probably the biggest number, typically 30%-40%), it is still just 5%
compare to residential traffic. Traffic to enterprises is still sold 4x-10x
(depending on the country).
Hence, Enterprise does not make sense to mention in the traffic discussion. It
is a “rounding error”.
Enterprise business created a huge demand for oversubscribed ports to connect
Enterprises. And QoS/QoE. Not traffic.

Eduard