Two simple rules for most large ISPs.

1. If they can see it, as long as they are not legally prohibited, they'll
collect it.
2. If they can legally profit from that information, in any way, they will.

Now, ther privacy policies will always include lots of nice sounding
clauses, such as 'We don't see your personally identifiable information'.
This of course allows them to sell 'anonymized' sets of that data, which
sounds great , except as researchers have proven, it's pretty trivial to
scoop up multiple, discrete anonymized data sets, and cross reference to
identify individuals. Netflow data may not be as directly 'valuable' as
other types of data, but it can be used in the blender too.

Information is the currency of the realm.