Mark Andrews wrote:

The commitment to maintain service for 1 year after the new LACNIC
addresses are switched in to the root.hints from IANA does not mean that
this is a cutoff date and that we intend to turn off service on the
older addresses after a year.  We currently have no plans to do so for
the foreseeable future. In fact, the possibility has not even been
suggested or discussed at all.

Such total lack of advance and public discussion and preparation
on a substantial change on critical infrastructure is a serious
problem, I'm afraid.

I'm curious about what more discussion you want to happen than has
happen in the past. Over the last 20 years there have been lots of
address changes.

If such changes are performed without proper transition plans
even after DNS became critical infrastructure (when?), they
also are serious problems.

None of them have caused operational problems.

Thank you for a devil's proof. That you haven't noticed any
problem does not mean there actually was no problem.

                                        Masataka Ohta