Not everyone can afford $1000 to start up Starlink and then pay $130+ per
month.  That may be an option for some, but certainly not the majority.

If 100% of a town was covered by a single company with data caps, those
that are crying from hitting 1.2 TB/month will not be enough for a
competitor to come in and build on top.  A TB/mo now is extremely high - In
May 2023 we had 4 customers that exceeded that (all 4 of these customers
mentioned are subscribed to <25 mbps plans; we offer gig ftth).