On 8/1/23 20:37, Jared Mauch wrote:

Some providers have a much more disruptive layer-1 infrastructure and will ask
you to configure a 1s+ up timer.  I think there’s an interesting question that
could go either way, do you want transport side faults to be exposed to you, or
should the client interface in a system be held up so you don’t have that fault
condition forward (sometimes called FDI) to the client interface.

In general, I think operators want to see the link go down if there is an issue with the transport network.

This also helps with features like BGP Next Hop Tracking.

From a wider backbone view, BGP PIC would be helpful in such cases, especially when combined with Best External or Add-Paths.

Mark.