On Sun, Aug 6, 2023 at 8:20 PM Mel Beckman <m...@beckman.org> wrote:

> Or one can read recent research papers that thoroughly document the
> incredible fragility of the existing NTP hierarchy and soberly consider
> their recommendations for remediation:

The paper suggests the compromise of critical infrastructure. So, besides
not using NTP, why not stop using DNS ? Just populate a hosts file with all
you need.

BTW, the stratum-0 source you suggested is known to have been manipulated
in the past (https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/modernization/sa/), so you
need to bet on that specific state actor not returning to old habits.

OTOH, 4 of the 5 servers I suggested have their own atomic clock, and you
can keep using GPS as well. If GPS goes bananas on timing, that source will
just be disregarded (one of the features of the NTP architecture that has
been pointed out over and over in this thread and you keep ignoring it).

Rubens